Recently, there has been more and more coverage of people giving cannabinoids to their pets for a whole bunch of reasons. While some companies out there are researching cannabinoid-infused products just for our furry friends, what happens when a dog gets into a batch of edibles that's dosed out for human consumption?
The video embedded below shows one dog named Finn as he's recovering from ingesting way too many cannabinoids. Filmed at the Fort Collins Veterinary Emergency and Rehabilitation Hospital, this video highlights the importance of having your cannabis products stored in a place where pets and children can't get them.
As seen in the comments from one veterinarian, "Once it has been cooked into something fat soluble like butter, their bodies react differently. It causes respiratory depression (they basically forget to breathe), tachycardia (fast heartbeat), and can even cause seizures.
There's no "cure" or reversal for the drug, like with opiates, so the patients have to receive supportive care to survive the symptoms." What's important in this case is that adorable Finn is going to be alright.
The important lesson to learn however, is to store edibles in a place that your pets can't get to. As mentioned above, If they have too many there is really nothing that a vet can do to reverse the symptoms.
Now Check Out: Marijuana Video News.